Friday, January 29, 2010

NISTHA-SINGLE-MINDED DEVOTION

I used to read the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna whenever my mind is on disturbed.
I read and tears roll on and on--
Hearing Krishna's flute, Radha has gone mad. She says her friends, [song]
Who is the sorcerer that dwells in the kadamba grove?
His flute notes suddenly enter my ears and strike a chord
in my heart,
Piercing my very soul, they slay my dharma [ sarbha dharman parityajyo
ma mecong saranam brojo] and drive me mad.
With restless mind and streaming eyes, alas, i can scarcely breathe. How He plays
His magic flute, whose music thrills my soul
Because He is out of my sight, my heart expires, i cannot stay home.
My soul yearns for him, racked with pain, it longs to see Him once more.
-------- Can you not tell me a way, O friend, by which i may meet my Krishna, [Beloved]


Radha's pangs at her separation from Krishna. her separation from Krishna. Radha said to her friends,
i have love to see Krishna from my childhood. My finger-nails are worn
off from counting the days on till i shall see him. Once He gave me a garland.
Look, it has withered, but i have not yet thrown it away. Alas - Where has
the moon of Krishna risen now ? Has that moon gone away from my firmament,
afraid of the Radha of my pique ? Alas - Shall i ever see Krishna again ?
MY BELOVED kRISHNA, I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO LOOK AT YOU TO MY
HEART'S COMPLETE SATISFACTION. I have only one pair of eyes they
blink and so hinder my vision. And further, on account of streams of tears
i could not see enough of my beloved. The peacock feather on the crown
of His head shines like arresting lighting. The peacock, seeing Krishna's dark
-cloud complexion, would dance to joy, spreading their tails. O FRIENDS, I
SHALL NOT ABLE TO KEEP MY LIFE-BREATH. AFTER MY DEATH, PLACE OF MY
BODY ON A BRANCH OF THE DARK TAMALA TREE AND INSCRIBE ON MY BODY
KRISHNA'S SWEET NAME.
Do i feel such pangs for beloved my soul supreme Lord--though, i am alone, i am walking at
dark and dirty way, O my Lord, please don't be departed from me, you, only
you my dear Lord you are always by the grace of your great kindness i belong with
your guidence and company from my child hood.











The aim of the jnani is to know the nature of his own self,. This is
knowledge , this is liberation. The true nature oof the self is that It is Supreme Brahman.
I and the Supreme Brahman are one. But this knowledge is hidden on account of maya. --Sri Ramakrishna

God has form and He is formless too. Futher, He is beyond both form and formlessness. No one can limit Him.
Do all your duties in the world, but keep your mind on God.
Living in solitude now and then, repeating God's name and singing His glories,
and discriminating between the Real and the unreal- these are
means to employ to see Him.

Man must have faith in the Guru's words. He succeeds in spiritual life
by looking on his Guru as God Himself. Therefore the Vaishnavas speak of Guru. Krishna and
vAISNAVAS [ARE ONE.]

WEEP FOR GOD WITH LONGING HEART. TEARS SHED FOR HIM WILL WASH AWAY THE CLAY.
WHEN YOU HAVE THUS FREED YOURSELF FROM IMPURITY, YOU WILL BE ATTRACTED BY THE MAGNET.
[GOD] ONLY THEN WILL YOU ATTAIN YOGO. PERFECTION IN JOGA IS SAMADHI.


The aspirant should meditate on Him. The worldly man must constantly live in the company
of holy men. The first stage is that of the beginner. He studies and hears.
Second is the stage of the struggling aspirant. He prays to God, meditate on Him,
and sings His name glories. The third stage is that of the perfect soul. He has seen God
realized Him directly and immediately in his inner consciousness.
Last stage is the supremely perfect, like Chaitanya. Such a devotee establishes
a definite relationship with God, looking on Him as His son or beloved.
But an aspirant cannot succeed in this form of spiritual discipline if his mind is
stained with worldly-ness even in the slightest degree. The mind must withdraw
totally from all objects of form, taste, smell. touch. and sound.
Only thus does it become pure. The pure mind is the same as the pure ATMAN.
One realizes 'God alone is the Doer, and i am His instrument.


Through the path of BHAKTI a man may attain them both. [ jnana and bhakti]
God gives him the knowledge of Bhrahman. But a highly qualified aspirant may develop
both jnana and bhakti at the same time.




One should have nishtha , single minded devotion, single-minded devotion
of the Gopies to the Krishna that they do not care to look anyone but the Krishna
they had seen at Vridavan-- the Shepherd Krishna, bedecked with a garland of
yellow wild flowers and wearing a peacock feather on His crest. At the sight of
Krishna at Mathura with a turban on His head and dressed in royal robes, the
Gopies pulled their veils. They would not look at His face. Who is man ?,
THEY SAID, SHOULD WE VIOLATE OUR CHASTE LOVE FOR kRISHNA BY TALKING TO HIM ?












?

No comments:

Post a Comment