Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Great lady, my granny maternal grand mother was a very much kind hearted, extremely pious, and devoted to her beloved Sri Krishna, initiated from her mentor guru, a vaisnab, graced by Krishna mantra. She always tried to welcome any one by extended love and kindness by offering, feed them something. Yes my friend she, the great virtuous lady was my first mentor, who reaped the seed of Bhakti-devotion on me in my very childhood. “Swami Ranganathanadaji wrote, An Introduction to the study of the Gita- there is another element in the Gita which is bhakti, devotion to God. The bhakti of Gita is the expression of the religious mood at its highest and best. It is love of God out of the fullness of one’s heart and not out of its emptiness, as it is early stages. It is this that makes the devotee of the Gita an embodiment at once of fearlessness and gentleness. The twelfth chapter is a mighty saga in praise of the perfection of character through this path of spiritual discipline. From all this considerations the Gita has assumed impotence in our life, that impotencies increasing day by day.” Yes my friend, I witnessed, when my Ganny would worshipping on meditation, tears from her eyes roll down from her cheeks. She as a true devotee, always was belonging in peace, clam and drove in deep in the ocean of sat-chit-ananda. She always took me to bath on the bank of the great Ganga—pic----

Since my late boyhood I have had worshipping to my Lord, not in ritualistic manner, only deep devotion and concentrated deep meditation on regular basis, which I have learnt from maternal grand mother who had used to performed her Japa Mantra on early morning and late evening, she had teach me the open Mantra, Hari omn Ramakrishna, I was enjoying and delighted
I was also iniciated the first literacy, from Barna parichaya, first part of Bengali alphabet by vidyasagar mashaya, she taught me with her melodious tune on symmetrical rhythm, even to day I could heard the said melodious voice and tune of songs, Guru pade prem bhakti holo na mon habar kale, ore aar ki habe thor sadan vajan anurager samay gele, Time have passed away, but the devotion and love would not raised, to my Lord, in due time, impassion would faded She indulged my inquisitive in every moment and answered, prying for knowledge and imagination of potentiality, aspiration always fulfilled by her. My mentor, wrote, if we want to educate a man and do real good to him, we must preserve and develop this priceless quality in him. As said Swamiji, “Each soul is potentially divine. The goal is to manifest this divine within, by controlling nature, external and internal. Do this either by work, or worship, or psychic control, or philosophy, by one or more, or all these—and be free. This is the whole religion. Doctrines, or dogmas, or rituals, or books, or Temples, or forms, are but secondary details.” She told as stories of Ramayana and Mahabharata in simple style, to raise my manhood, and firmness, also I was very much inspired to listen, [R] Sri Krishna asked Arjuna to shake off his weakness and to steady himself, as he [Krishna] could give him any kind of wisdom, for a grief-stricken mind is not at all a fit receptacle for wisdom. Unless we get out of the depressed state and become calmer, we shall not be able to assimilate any lofty advice. My Ganny advised me, don’t be afraid my son, just chant the names of Hari or Ram, you would over came from any troubles or sufferings, as we live in ruined house frightened of ghost, and poverty and starvation, that’s why Ganny teach me in that way. Yes I completely surrendered to her in every respect of my life, as Arjuna, said [verse72-73] Destroyed is my delusion, I have gained my memory through Thy GRACE, o Acyuta. I am firm, my doubts are gone. I will follow Thy word...”

Ganges the sacred river of my beloved mother land India ---Bharatbarsa,

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Sir..
    I salute and bow in front of your devotion and faith. A great spiritual journey you have expirenced till now. Prayers to Lord Ramakrishna Paramahansa to fully grace on you and such beautiful souls who are dieng for enlightenment and expirence light and divine love.

    Salutes to Ramakrishna Dev and Swamiji.

    ReplyDelete